Coding Fun Using The Foo's

The Foo's is an awesome website to start to learn the basics of coding. My students are going to be coding a rock that moves through the rock cycle. Before we could begin, I needed to teach my students what coding is and a couple of the basics.

We began with playing Simon Says. Simon Says is a great way to introduce coding. It teaches the students to follow simple commands like coding. Once we "mastered" Simon Says we moved onto The Foo's.


I dropped the link to The Foo's in their Google Classroom. I then let them go and they took off with it! I didn't give them any instructions and I just let them play. They caught on very quickly and were advancing through the levels faster than I could see them play. They were cheering and were just very excited about it! The excitement is what it is all about. They begged for indoor recess so they play and when we went to computer lab, the wanted nothing but The Foo's. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment